Friday, February 6, 2009

The search continues

I take back what I said about Old Navy. Upon further reading, you don't have to pay out-of-pocket to return items by mail. I found this out after getting my jeans from Penney's last night and deciding they weren't quite what I was hoping for. I thought I was going to really like them when I first put them on, but after sitting down in them and walking around the house for about 30 minutes, I caught a side view of myself in the mirror. The problem is that the "full panel" isn't entirely elasticy. I was expecting it to be like a belly band attached to the top of a pair of super low-rise jeans, which is what I've seen on my of the jeans in stores. These, however, had the panel made of a stretchy, but not entirely form fitting fabric, with a band of elastic at the top. I'm sure they would fit better as my stomach gets bigger, but for now, the top sort of balloons out more than I'd like. Daniel insisted they looked fine, and I'm not expecting maternity jeans to make me look like I just stepped of a runway, but I also don't want them to make me look like I just stepped into my 50's.

I won't return the JC Penney jeans until I knew whether I can do any better, but I'm not going to be wearing them for now. Instead, I went back to Old Navy and found 2 pairs of jeans in my size. I placed an order at around 11pm last night, and this morning when I got the email verifying the order, I clicked the little link to check the status. This took me to the Old Navy website, where, low and behold, right there on their front page was a code for free shipping on maternity clothes. I also checked the jeans I'd ordered and one pair had been marked down! These changes would have saved me about $15, so I called them up and spoke to a very nice gentleman at Old Navy. He told me that he couldn't apply the changes to my order, but was more than happy to cancel it so that I could place a new one. In my second order, not only did I get the same two pair of jeans for less, I also found a shirt and dress on clearance. So the downside is that I have to wait a little longer to wear a decent pair of jeans, but on the upside, maybe I will have actually found a decent pair of jeans.

No comments: